In which my Rio order arrives!
October 2, 2014
I’m going to pretend you missed me, these last two weeks that I failed so utterly at updating! I’ve got a valid excuse, I promise: I was in Texas with my mom. While I was there, I finally placed a Rio order I’ve been building for months!
It arrived a couple of days ago. Exciting!! Here’s what was in my haul, in case you’re interested:
– new saw blades! Except now that I have them, I’m being a little precious about using them.
– Beeswax. It’s useful for a multitude of things: to lubricate blades and draw plates, for coating molds when casting ingots, to play with when you’re thinking. I bought it for stone setting. It’s sticky and malleable, and the tiny little stones I am so constantly dropping will, conveniently, stay attached to the wax while I’m cutting a setting.
(It made re-setting the ruby in the photo way, way easier.)
– ALL THE BURS. Guys, I’m so psyched — I finally bought myself a set of cup burs, which are great for rounding off wire and granulation. I also replaced my worn-out 4mm setting bur.
– earring posts & chain, which are basics in my kit.
– Tons of wire! I love pink gold, so I bought some of that, plus some new stuff Rio’s carrying that’s faceted. I’m not sure about it yet, but it’s on my list of things to experiment with. Also some more bead wire, and some 18K gold twist wire at my aunt’s request. She wants stacking rings.
Of course, no sooner did my box arrive than I realized there are a couple of other things I could really stand to purchase, like more abrasive flex-shaft discs, some smaller buffs for the polishing wheel, a proper scribe, more stones, more stones, more stones….it’s never ending, really! *wink*